Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim tour Package from Gangtok
Gurudongmar Lake is a sacred lake in North Sikkim.Which has a magical connection to Guru Padmasambhava who with his divine powers does not allow a part of this lake to freeze completely even in sub zero temperatures. You can visit it from Gangtok.
Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim Tour Package Itinerary (2 Nights 3 Days)
Below itinerary is based only on North Sikkim Tour Package from Gangtok. However, those who wants to travel with Gangtok Lachen Lachung 5 Day Itinerary is possible with special customize request. We will arrange all cab transfers with luxury or standard accommodation & additional facilities on request.
Click here to visit North Sikkim Itinerary for 5 days operating from Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Siliguri Bus-Stand.
After breakfast, you’ll be picked up from hotel at Gangtok at about 10 a.m. towards Lachen via NH 31A. On the way stop and enjoy a few wonderful locations like
Tashi View Point, built by Tashi Namgyal, offering a panoramis view of Mt Khang-chen-Dzonga
Kabi Lungstok, a historic place, located on North Sikkim Highway. This is the where a treaty between Lepcha Chief Te-Kung-Tek and the Bhutia Chief Khey-Bum-Sar was signed.
Seven Sister Waterfalls, The name is given to this waterfall as it makes its descent in seven stages. To facilitate the tourists to savour the pristine beauty and to be with nature, Tourism Department has set up a waiting shed and cafeteria.
Naga Waterfalls, the confluence of Lachen-Chu and Lachung- Chu at Chungthang
Mostly perennial in nature, waterfalls are aplenty in this region, Bhim Nala & the Twin Waterfalls are two others one comes across en route to North Sikkim. And the gorgeous Teesta follows you all the way.
Lunch will be served at Namok. You are likely to reach Lachen around the evening.
Overnight at Lachen.
Early in the morning start for
Gurudongmar Lake, one of the most sacred lakes believed by the Buddhists and Hindus alike. The beautiful and awe inspiring lake remains milky in colour throughout the year. According to a legend, since the lake used to remain frozen most of the year, it was not possible to use its water for drinking purposes. When the Guru Padmasambhava passed by, while returning from Tibet, the local residents are reported to have approached him for providing source of water.
The Guru obliged. A portion of the lake touched by him does not freeze in extreme winter. Since water of the lake is considered sacred, visitors carry the ‘blessed’ water in bottles.
After lunch, check out from hotel and transfer to Lachung.
Overnight at Lachung.
After breakfast, excursion from
Lachung to Yumthang Valley, the valley full of Snow in winter and Rhododendron during the month of May (11800ft/1.5Hrs), is the main attraction around. You can also visit Zero Point ( At extra Cost subject to Permit and Road Condition ) .
Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary Spread over 43 sq kms through which flows the Yumthang river,it adjoins Lachung and Yumthang. The Sanctuary which is known for its abundance of Rhododendron shrubs and trees is rich in ground flora and other vegetation as well.
Katao Valley With the panoramic view of snow capped peaks of the Himalayas, it is a match to the much sought after Yumthang in beauty. The valley is sparsely covered with poppy, primulas and rhododendron. A military check-post is nearby.
Overnight at Gangtok.
Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim Tour Package Inclusion:
- Accommodation in the listed Hotels with meals mentioned.
- All transfers in an exclusive non-ac vehicle.
- All permits and applicable taxes.
- Professional driver with strong geographical and operational knowledge.
What is the best attraction on North Sikkim Tour ?
Gurudongmar Lake is the incomparable attraction in entire North-Sikkim. While the roads are not yet finished in large stages of the
journey from Lachen, the stunning natural beauty of the place makes you forget the hardship and biting cold. This is practically Tibet and the landscape can’t get any better than this possibly. The lake has clear blue water, the sky is deep blue, the snow covered peaks and glaciers totally unreal. The high altitude can affect you, but if you acclimatize properly, should not be a problem. Don’t run around, be calm, breathe slowly. Enjoy the landscape and be one with nature.
Gurudongmar lake is located at an extreme corner of India and to visit the lake,an overnight stay is essential at Lachen which is a small beautiful town in North Sikkim and the nearest tourist accommodation center also. Lachen is 68 km away from Gurudongmar lake,so after an overnight stay at Lachen, we started our journey at 5 am with our packed breakfast. Journey was for three hours with engulfing the splendid scenic beauty & snow covered high altitude mountains were coming closer gradually when our car moving nearest to the lake. At an altitude of 17,100 ft Gurudongmar lies in the north side of the Kanchenjungha range & also is encircled all around by snow covered mountains. It’s a sacred and one of the highest lake in the world. Due to high altitude breathing problems may occur. Despite of difficulty or hardship, one time visit to the lake as an experience of a lifetime. For better luxurious support on your tour program Adorable Silkroute is the most premium North Sikkim Tour Operators in India with it’s flawless service.
When Paradise Lost to The Eternal Beauty of North Sikkim Tourism
7 Wonders of North Sikkim Tour
This place is somewhat around 1 hour journey from small village yumthang and is almost heaven for nature lovers and you will find rhododendron flowers everywhere of different colors which makes this valley unique. If u wish to see these flowers in full bloom then visit in April end.
Gurudongmar Lake is a place which one cannot explain in words. You have to visit to be aw struken, this place is magic. God created Marvel for our eyes to feast on and our body to experience. As per the travelers, they are demanding that the beauty of Lachung to Gurudongmar is much more than paradise.
You would special permission from the Indian army and Sikkim Police/ Administration to visit this lake since it’s only a couple of kilometres from the Indo-China border.
You first reach Yumthang valley from Lachung, but suggest to go to Zero Point first. Zero point is located at altitude of 14500 ft and oxygen is less. It is a plateau covered with snow. Altitude related sickness can be caused hence precautions need to be taken. Smelling Karpur (used for aarti/prayer), Chewing Adrak helps. Local also sells Pop-corn to mitigate altitude related sickness
The mountains are magnificent. There are great sights with interspersing white and green all over. Some of the sights are right out of a picture book from the European Alps, if not better.
The place is also good for walking around. The roads are reasonably well maintained too thanks as always to the Indian Army.
On the way to returning from Gurudongmar lake visit Kalapathar via chopta valley. The only colors were black and white… the whole area were covered with snow and some black rocks broke the monotony of snow white.. The tempaarature of the place used to lie below zero and snow exists through out the year… this is not as high as Gurudongmar lake.. so less chance of breathing problems and high altitude sickness… that’s why children can enjoy in snow making snow idol etc… Every Gurudongmar traveller should go Kalapathar on the way back Lachen.
Snuggled in the lap of Eastern Himalayas, Mangan stand amongst one of the top tourism places in North-Sikkim, attracting vacationers, nature lovers and soul seekers from different parts of India and the world. This little village is blessed with an adorable enticing scenic beauty which is simply magical enough to captivate anyone’s heart and soul in just no time. The place is no less than an empyrean for spirituality seekers too; soaked in deep aura of Buddhism with colourful prayer flags fluttering all around and chanting of Buddhist mantras reverberating in the air, it simply makes for a tranquil place to just sit back, relax and meditate connecting oneself with the ultimate supreme power. Truly one of the best kept secrets of Sikkim, it makes for a perfect decision to shortlist Mangan on your itineraries whenever planning a trip to North East India the next time.
North Sikkim Tourism & Gurudongmar Lake Overview
North Sikkim Tour is very costly as compare to rest of the Sikkim part. To visit all best places in north Sikkim, request you to make a extended North Sikkim Tour Plan of 5 Days. If you are traveling in the months of April to June you can enjoy ultimate Snowfall with all open sightseeings as this is the Best Time to Visit North Sikkim . Temperature is moderate with a maximum of 25-30 degree Celsius in this time. North Sikkim Weather is most definitely cold or at least cool at all times. It experiences mild to heavy rainfall during the months of July and September.
Various North Sikkim Tour Plan Including Gurudongmar Lake
Choose Best North Sikkim Hotels While Visit Gurudongmar Lake
Khangri Kapro Retreat
Gurudongmar Lake - North Sikkim Tour Cost on Season (2020-2021)
No of Guests
No of Days
Price Per Head
Important Points on Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim Tour Package Price
- Package Price depends on number of travelers & child age.
- Package Price depends on what kind of vehicle you are availing – Standard or Luxury.
- All the above mentioned price is including GST.
- No hidden cost.
- The above mentioned package price is an assumption based on the number of travelers.
- We shall make the package price on MAP meal plan basis (Breakfast & Dinner). But in North Sikkim Hotel we will serve Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Before Travel to Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim, Clear Your Expectations
1.You can expect modern facilities out there as this is an economically sustainable village and people out there are providing Luxury Hotel & Homestay for last few years.
2. If you have kids(below 3 years) may be someone having breathing issue we would recommend you not to stay at Lachen but stay in Lachung and enjoy Mount Katao & Kala Patthar. Alternatively you carry a portable Oxygen cylinder and Oxygen meter as well. In case any serious emergency you will get Indian Army help at most 1.5 Hrs driving interval and they are really supportive.
3. On the way to Gurudongmar Lake carry chocolate, hot coffee, Popcorn, Ginger cubes etc and some doctor prescribed medicine if any.
4. Take good woolen cloths. When we were there at this rout at 9 am in the morning in the first week of Oct 2019 temperature was 3 to 4 degree at Lachen.
5. Where ever you find Pine forest be sure of leech(jok). So, Walk carefully .
6. Do not think too much just take precautions and enjoy your holiday.
Although North-Sikkim is so near to Indo-Chaina border. Except Gurudongmar Lake & Yumthang Valley you can cover Zero Point, Mount Katao & Kala Patthar with additional cost.
You need to apply special ILP(Inner Line Permit)& RAP (Restricted Area Permit) from sikkim tourism registered travel agency. For both visitors please carry your passport with valid Indian VISA
Best time to visit North Sikkim is April to June. At this time you can enjoy the natural tourist sentiment of North Sikkim Tourism. For enjoying the snow fall at Gurudongmar Lake please visit in November.
It is essential to keep in mind that when you are planning for North-Sikkim, do not except to visit all the places of North Sikkim Tour in short trip like 2 Night 3 Days. As these parts of Sikkim is very rough and belonging in High -Altitude. If you continuously travel without resting, you will get sick. please make an extended tour program of minimum Gangtok Lachen Lachung 5 day Itinerary.
We belief that Sikkim is very beautiful in all seasons. However October month is considered as a post-monsoon time. But in this month has a high probability of snow falling in Gurudongmar Lake as well as rest of the North Sikkim part like Zero Point, Yumthang valley.
Why Adorable Silkroute is the best choice for North Sikkim Tour Package ?
- LACHUNG DZOMSA is supporting us & help our tourists in any emergency locally .
- Overall 5 three star hotels in Lachen – Lachung which are company enlisted property.
- Using only cooperative & professional driver with strong ground level knowledge.
- Hotels are personally visited & certified by our team.
- Experience day to day guidance and assistance from start date to end date by our team member.
- Always handled by our team itself, not handed over to a Sub Agent.
- Only use company lease vehicle to get better comfort by partial maintenance.
DON’TS During Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim Tour
- Do not throw any garbage like plastic, cigarette packet,match-box.
- Don’t split here and there.
- Carry adequate cash as there is almost no ATM facility available.
- Drink limited during travel in very high altitude as there is no nearest hospital (Only Army Camp Available).
- Don’t do any activities that will harm nature as Sikkimese people are very serious about it.
DO’S During Gurudongmar Lake North Sikkim Tour
- Always smoke far away from main road or crowd.
- Use public toilet.
- Obey the tourist rules at every sightseeing points.
- Please carry all the documents during travel,especially in restricted area like Nathu-La, Gurudongmar Lake, Changu Lake, Zuluk, Baba-Mandir, Yumthang Valley.
- Enjoy your night stay at high altitude like Lachen once you assured that you are traveling without any Heart-Patient, Senior citizen & child below 3 years.